david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

Sitting at a stop light when smelled an burning electrical

Sitting at a stop light when smelled an burning electrical smell. Jeep start to overheat and radiator fan was blown. Replaced fuse and radiator fan still not working. Ran a jump sure to test fan and it is working. I need to know where the radiator relay is located on 2008 jeep grand cherokee 3.7 liter.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. please allow me a few minutes to pull up some information

heres a wiring print. please check the highlighted fuse

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already replaced it

ok standby

here are the 2 relays

do you need help figuring it out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Replaced hi relay and fan kicked on. After 30 seconds, got hot smell again and fuse blew.

ok. please standby and let me look into this

ok, check the ground, then check continuity from the fan control module to the relays. even if continuity is good check for a high resistance short to ground on each wire.

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Narrowed it down to the fan motor

fan motor overheating hence electrical smell. good job

please accept the answer and leave a positive rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. thank you. Have a great night