Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Has check engine, with fault 1167? car is a 2004 Bentley,

Customer Question

has check engine , with fault 1167?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: car is a 2004 Bentley
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your car?
Customer: Thank you car seems to run find, but need to get emmision
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

on this code i do need to know what scan tool (make and model) is he using ?

is this code p1167, or 01167 . that makes a big difference.

Also i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist.

thanks