Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
buick regal: is losing power when I press the gas peddle
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
My buick regal 2001 is losing power when I press the gas peddle. Optional Information: 2001 Buick Regal… read more
Losing power..going uphill..ground..I push the gas pedal and it seems
MastertechRobert
MastertechRobert, Master tech/Smog Tech
My car is losing power while driving. At first it was just going uphill, now it is on flat ground as well. I push the gas pedal and it seems like it is not getting any gas, then after about 4 seconds,… read more
2000 cadillac escalade: gas it will not pick up speed the revolutions
Eric, Retired
i have a 2000 cadillac escalade and when i step on the gas it will not pick up speed the revolutions just go up and the truck will not pick up speed… read more
1990 montero: runs great..60-70 and going up a hill..accelerator..jump
Bluewolf6
Bluewolf6, Commercial Sales Manager
my 1990 montero runs great at low speeds, but when cruising on the interstate at 60-70 and going up a hill it seems to lose power and "misses" until you press the accelerator down a bit more, then it … read more
I press on the accelerator, it actually loses power..dead stop
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
My car loses power every so often. When this happens, when I press on the accelerator, it actually loses power. Sometimes it lurches, trying to get going and then losing power, when taking off from a … read more
driveing..speed the car jerks and the (rpm)gauge jumps up and down
Ivan
Ivan, Automotive Instructor
what does it mean when i am driveing and press on the gas to pick up speed the car jerks and the (rpm)gauge jumps up and down… read more
Grand Prix: Acts like the transmission is slipping...hills
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I have an 03 Grand Prix that is acting up. Acts like the transmission is slipping. When going up hills you lose speed and power. When i had a diagnostic test ran it stated all cylinders misfiring. Doe… read more
1994 Mazda 626: cylinder..hill..gas pedal all the way it sputters
mackin1
mackin1, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1994 Mazda 626 4 cylinder. The car loses power going up a hill and if you press the gas pedal all the way it "sputters" and "skips". A "HOLD" light is blinking also. The transmission is about… read more
1986 audi 4000: quattro..die..the fuel pump and filters and know im
james
james, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a 1986 audi 4000cs quattto it has no power when you press on gas it will die i have replaced the fuel pump and filters and know i'm not sure what else it could be?… read more
68 chevelle: high speed..fuel pump..I rebuilt the carb
JacobTD
JacobTD, Diagnose Specialist
I have a 68 chevelle . I was driving it and when i get it to a high speed it starts to lose its power. It has a new fuel pump,newfuel filter,and I rebuilt the carb.If I back off the gas it stops hesat… read more
put a new fuel pump on but i got no power going to the pump..injecters
Firsthogman
Firsthogman, Meter Specialist I
my car cut out when i was driving it so i put a new fuel pump on but i got no power going to the pump any more and the injecters aint opening any ideas… read more
kia sephia: seems to not have fuel flowing when i press the gas pedal
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
my kia sephia seems to not have fuel flowing when i press the gas pedal until i pump it a couple of times and it will want to stall out and stall out then not want to start again till i pump the gas p… read more
Check engine light..gas pedal..it is a misfire..fuel pump
MikeD'
MikeD', Diagnostic Technician
My check engine light is on and vehicle almost loses power when pressing on the gas pedal. Auto zone states it is a misfire somewhere in the engine. A dealer ship in town wants to replace my fuel pump… read more
Slows down..I press the gass pedal then other times it runs..slipping
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
my car slows down and seems to refuse to pick up speed sometimes. no matter how hard I press the gass pedal then other times it runs just fine, is this a symtom of a slipping transmission?… read more
hyundai excel: speed auto..motor reves..slugish..auto serviced
FIXER23
FIXER23, High School or GED
Hi have a hyundai excel 4 speed auto when you go to take off the motor reves but the car does not seem to pick up speed and seems very slugish to change up into second had to auto serviced and the tec… read more
2001 santa fe: 2.4L..Loses fuel power going up hill..going down hill
Ed
Ed, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2001 Sante Fe 2.4L Loses fuel power going up hill. Seems to run 80% ok going down hill. If I give it the gas, it boggs down from 45mph to 10mph and will eventually die. Will restart, but acts like it … read more
carrera: just the sound and sensation as if stepping on it.This lasts
Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Retired
My 03' carrera ,when driving,seems to wind up briefly when driving when no additional pressure is on the gas pedal.The car does not speed up either,just the sound and sensation as if stepping on it.Th… read more
97 lincoln town car: loses..going uphill..pedal..new fuel filter
Daniel, Lead mech
97 lincoln town car loses acceleration when going uphill when it finally drops below 20 mph it will pick power back up if pedal pushed to floor still will not accelerate till drop below 20 mph first n… read more