Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

How much are the estimated costs of repairing an auction car

hello,
How much are the estimated costs of repairing an auction car with rear damage and undercarriage damage? Here is the link of the vehicle i'm looking at. It's a 2015 cls 550.
https://www.copart.ca/lot/22818007
Thanks.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

As you know in canada ,just like in the states ,vehicles with salvage title will be worth 1/2 the value on clean title car

It show the Start program, meaning will start and run , but we do not know if it drives and shift , you could have damage to transmission from the hit in rear , that could be a big expense on top of the body & paint repairs & air bag system parts we need replace , i do not see air bags deployed ,but you still have to replace module if it sense the crash

My experience this will cost around the $15000 U.S give and take few thousand considering the reasons mentioned

My personal opinion , if you do not own or know somebody in body repair business and able to get whole price on parts , it will not be cost effective

the estimate is unknown at this time because we have so many variables and on copart you can go and hook up a scanner and test it and will be shipped to you miles aw and it is yours after you bought ,sometimes you come out great some times not so much and sometimes you will loose .

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
Please kindly rate Me ,Your 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,
You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert
that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician