sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

This question is for a 2009 Silverado 2WD 1500 with the 4.8

This question is for a 2009 Silverado 2WD 1500 with the 4.8 engine. Have a fault code for front right speed sensor circuit problem. Checked my diagram and it supposed to have 12 V on one of the wires and it's missing. Checked at the ABS module and missing as well. My question is at the end of the day if nothing is pulling my 12v to 0 is my ABS module faulty? If so when I buy the replacement will it have to program it? What tool would be the best if so?

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, what is the fault code number please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can't remember the specific code but it had to do with the circuit fault on the right front speed sensor. All of the others were working correctly and they hooked up my scope to the right front and I was missing my power feed to the sensor. That's why I traced it to the back. I still have to make sure nothing in that circuit is pulling my 12 V to 0 but I'm thinking I have a bad ABS module. My worries are if that's correct how will i program the new one?

have toy verified the ac voltage that the sensor induces?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh yeah once I put a jumper wire everything comes back to life but I can't get rid of my stability track light and my ABS light

ok,let me pull a print. i want too look at something

any of these?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've got it saved on my scan tool I can give you the exact one tomorrow. I guess what you're looking for is a flowchart isn't it? I'm just going by what is missing. And I know my 12 v reference is it there on the front right

actually its not a 12 volt reference. its a 12 volt supply

I just want to make sure of the code and that we wont be missing anything.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doesn't the diagram shown to be a 12 reference. Pro demand does. Well I thought. And you're right that's why I like to backtrack and get help because two heads are better than one lol

ill look at the print you may be correct

you are right it is a reference

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well still something is either pulling it down or the other scenario would be a bad module right?

correct

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you think you can guide me on programming it if needed?

if you have a tech 2 scan tool

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just bought one lol problem is it's A clone. Everyone I've talked to say they work the same. But I guess will find out

believe they lack in a few areas. we shall see

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm going to do some more testing had to take care of some other stuff in the shop today I will get with you as soon as I'm back on that vehicle I really appreciate your help

sounds good

good luck.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What happened to my other technician? He was doing an amazing job

He opened the question for others.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience