Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

FOR PETE ONLY - AUTO MECHANIC. Pete, just need your opinion.

FOR PETE ONLY - AUTO MECHANIC. Pete, just need your opinion. I am a mechanic also, but need someone to give me his opinion.I have a JD LX178 riding mower with a Kawasaki water cooled engine. It gets maybe 25 hours use a season. I change the oil every season, but NOT the filter. How often would you change the filter? My personal opinion is not let it go for more than 3 seasons max. Your thoughts? $11 bucks each.Len

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I recommend not going over 100 hours before changing the oil and filter.It is a good idea anytime you change out the oil to replace the oil filter.But if your only doing about 25 hours a season then maybe go 2 seasons between filter changes.If it were mine I would change it every season when I did the oil change but thats just me.

I wouldnt go more then 100 hours before changing out the filter.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I got it thank you very much for your assistance

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete