sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm having issuss where my 2008 Range Rover HSE. I am having

Customer Question

I'm having issuss where my 2008 Range Rover HSE. I am having issues with transmission fault. Limited gear access. Some times the car doesn't want to start and if that happens the transmission fault comes on. I've changed to to to the battery and some relay behind the cluster. And it worked for a week.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

When the trans controller sees a failure that will prevent proper operation it will set fault codes and display this warning, often it will lock you in a single gear to prevent damage.

There are many possible causes for this including speed sensors, the range sensor, solenoids, wiring, the trans controller itself and internal transmission issues.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are set ad then testing can be one from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!