sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ihi ,sr i wonder about I.O.D. fuse what it performs and what

Customer Question

ihi ,sr i wonder about I.O.D. fuse what it performs and what component afects whith ashort circuit that i found in the box fuses
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: not so long as i dont use this truck very often i notice that problem because the batery lost all the power i charched again and next day did the same thing, the multimiter showme 2.7 anthe that fuse is ok.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes sr.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i found another fuse blown I rpelaced is that one for the lighter and is a 20
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The IOD fuse supplies power to items that require voltage when the ignition is off. All vehicles differ a bit but usually things like the power locks, radio and interior lights are on the IOD circuit.

Are you trying to diagnose the battery dying while the vehicle is parked?