Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

john  aka eauto
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2003 Chevy Blazer: I fill the gas tank the pump shuts..overflows
Joel
Joel, GM Journeyman technician
I have a 2003 Chevy Blazer, when I fill the gas tank the pump shuts off before the tank is compleatly full, if I try to squeeze even a few more cents in it overflows, what causes this?… read more
WHEN I GO TO FILL UP MY GAS TANK, THE GAS PUMP LEVER CLICKS OFF
cartech
cartech, master tech
WHEN I GO TO FILL UP MY GAS TANK, THE GAS PUMP LEVER CLICKS OFF, AS IF THE TANK WAS FULL WHEN IT ISN'T. I HAVE TO "GOOSE" THE LEVER IN ORDER TO FILL THE TANK AND IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME… read more
My fuel tank up with gas the dispenser acts as if he gas tank is
Auto Tech Guy
Auto Tech Guy, Associate Degree
when i fill my fuel tank up with gas the dispenser acts as if he gas tank is full when it isnt. the dispenser itself constantly clicks what might the problem be… read more
2004 GMC: gas gauge..gauge READS..FILL TANK PUMP WILL NOT ALLOW GAS TO
Frank
Frank, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
HELLO,I HAVE AN 2004 GMC SIERRA 1500.MY GAS GAUGE READS QUARTER TANK AND WHEN I TRY TO FILL TANK PUMP WILL NOT ALLOW GAS TO FLOW.… read more
tank it squerts out as if the gasoline atnk is pressurized
ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2000 996 has a problem taking in the gasoline. When you try to fill the tank it squerts out as if the gasoline atnk is pressurized… read more
filled my..my accident so it has been sitting there with a full tank
Eric, Retired
I had an accident a year ago (nothing to do with my car) and haven't been able to drive since. I filled my car with petrol literally the day before I had my accident so it has been sitting there with … read more
2000 HYUNDAI: FILLING GAS TANK IT OVERFLOWS & STOPS GAS
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
I HAVE A 2000 HYUNDAI TIBURON. WHEN FILLING GAS TANK IT OVERFLOWS & STOPS GAS PUMP. IT TAKES FOREVER TO FILL GAS TANK. MAIN GAS PIPE IS CLEAR.… read more
Vehicle started cutting out immediately after filling tank.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
vehicle started cutting out immediately after filling tank. waited until fuel was low, then filled up gas tanks and added fuel treatment. Still cutting out. Just bought a fuel filter, but doesn't look… read more
2005 kia sorento: my gas tank spits out gas when i try to fill it.
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
my gas tank spits out gas when i try to fill it. 2005 kia sorento. can not get over 1/4 of a tank. thank you for your help. sincerely, Nick… read more
My car sounds like it has ran out of gas, but it has a full ...
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
My car sounds like it has ran out of gas, but it has a full tank of gas. I know its not the starter or battery. I was thinking it could be the fuel filter or a fuel pump. Before I take it in I just wa… read more
1991 Chevrolet: I try to fill my gas tank ....it takes..spits..put gas
Michael
Michael, Work Equip. Repair Foreman
when I try to fill my gas tank ....it takes so long to pump and spits gas out as if it were full but is not near full ...ends up taking more than a half hour to put gas in what could cause this Option… read more
I put 1.4 gallons of gas in a half full 26.4 gallon tank,
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Dealership Service & CR Manager
I put 1.4 gallons of gas in a half full 26.4 gallon tank, then filled it up with diesel. The car is a 2013 ML350 Bluetex. I then drove it 3.3 miles and it seemed ok. What should I do?… read more
A noise like it was out of gas and it has a full tank..same noise
Joe GM TECH
Joe GM TECH, High School or GED
this morning i went to start my truck and it made a noise like it was out of gas and it has a full tank. then i put it into gear and it made the same noise, but then as i was driving it , it was not m… read more
1998 Jaguar: gas tank..the tank, the automatic shut..engaged..shutoff
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
I have a 1998 Jaguar JX8. It recently developed a problem when filing the gas tank. When filling the tank, the automatic shut off on the pump is always being engaged and the gas seems to not want to g… read more
Acura TL: gas tank was half full..gold diesel , drove home (..hose
justingsmith
justingsmith, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have an Acura TL 2002. The gas tank was half full when I accidently filled the rest with 24litres of 'gold diesel' , drove home (1km). I tried to syphon it but the hose won't go into the tank for so… read more
gas tank..tank, when I come to a stop sign or light, the car stalls
Tech501
Tech501, Lead Technician
When the gas tank gets down to less then 1/8 of a tank, when I come to a stop sign or light, the car stalls. I don't see that problem with more than 1/4 of a tank of gas.… read more
Tank..gas station..it takes about 15 min to put in 10 gallons
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
Can't pump gas. Tank is empty, but the pump at any gas station shuts off as if my tank is full. It's so bad it takes about 15 min to put in 10 gallons. People start pumping gas after me, and leave way… read more
i fill my gas tank up the car does not run properly..car runs fine
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Auto Motive Instructor
when i fill my gas tank up the car does not run properly. if i let the tank go to 1/4 full then only put in 1/2 tank car runs fine… read more