Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Engine light is on - scan tool is returning a code B2aaa? It
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
Engine light is on - scan tool is returning a code B2aaa? … read more
O2 sensor code repeated after any attempt..scan tool..replacing
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
have o2 sensor code repeated after any attempt to replace that sensor with a new one .bank 1of 1. scan tool tells me code 134 before and after replacing o2 sensor closest to the fan..is this the locat… read more
The coils are all firing, i put new plugs..rev..sputters
Dan, Automotive Technician
the coils are all firing, i put new plugs in 15000 miles ago, I dont have access to a scan tool, is there any way to see if it ia the airflow sensor by testing it, you can rev the motor and it totalll… read more
turn my laptop into a scan tool...others such as Snap..emissions test
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
I want to turn my laptop into a scan tool. I have expierence with the Mac Mentor mostly but have used others such as Snap-On and some manufacturer scanners. I want to be able to read trouble codes, cl… read more
95 dodge neon: sensors to ecm idle..scan tool..changes car runs
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
95 dodge neon tps voltage low intermitting service engine light on new tps 3 diferent ecms checked wireing from sensors to ecm idle aways changing speed voltage to tps normal on scan tool when engine … read more
new one..programmed or is it simply a wiring harness..good price
Dan, Automotive Technician
I am having a used ECM installed. My question is there any real difference between a used ECM or a new one besides the great difference in price, can I expect it to last 4-7 yrs while my daughter atte… read more
Command: a immobilizer,Any way when i use the command start it runs
Master_Mechanic
Master_Mechanic, Mechanical Engineering Technologist
i have command start and a immobilizer,Any way when i use the command start it runs ,now when i put the key in the ignition and turn the key on and press the brake it shuts off. also if i try to use t… read more
96 grand am gt: bypass..passlock..a ECM from another car
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
Is there any way to bypass the passlock system on a 96 grand am gt after putting in a ECM from another car.… read more
Nissan altima: check engine light..scan tool..diagnose..knock sensor
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
check engine light is on in my nissan altima 1997.I used a scan tool to diagnose it and it brings out a code of P0420(catalyst system efficiency below threshold) and (P0325) knock sensor 1 circuit, Pl… read more
scan tool would I use to check my pressure feedback exhaust sensor
karrs2fix
karrs2fix, Master Auto Technician
which scan tool would I use to check my pressure feedback exhaust sensor and how do i do this?… read more
lincoln navigator: what kind of scan tool can i use for my nav...bags
Eric, Retired
i have a 03 lincoln navigator what kind of scan tool can i use for my nav. im trying to adjust the height of my bags… read more
95 mitsubishi eclipse: turbo..scan tool..the way the fuses are good
Ms. Wrench
Ms. Wrench, High School or GED
95 mitsubishi eclipse turbo tried to connect with scan tool but get no communication error. by the way the fuses are good.… read more
1990 Buick Estate Wagon: there any way to determine what options
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
Is there any way to determine what options a 1990 Buick Estate Wagon was built with by using the VIN? If so, how do I do this?… read more
2000 oldsmobile alero: replacing..the battery..electrical power
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, High School or GED
I have a 2000 Oldmobile Alero that will not start even after replacing the battery and doesn't seem to have any electrical power.… read more
2001 Gallant es from a used car dealer and my radio doesnt work
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
I just bought a 2001 Gallant es from a used car dealer and my radio doesn't work . Is there any way for me to get it going without having to go to a dealership to put a code in? Also if I have to go t… read more
So, how would these scan tools compare to the Snap On Modus
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
So, how would these scan tools compare to the Snap On Modus or Verus? It seems in my area everyone says the Snap On Tools scanners are the ones to have. Why is that? I just have a hard time dealing wi… read more
1997 saturn: I got a New scan tool and recently replaced my EGR Valve
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1997 Saturn SL2. I got a New scan tool and recently replaced my EGR Valve. I used the tool to erase the codes. It say to connect the tool to the connector and turn the car on and run it while… read more
1999 Ford F-250: we used a snap..scan tool..miss fire code
Marc
Marc, fleet supervisor
i have a 1999 Ford F-250 has a code a po354 a coil d which coil would that be we used a snap-on scan tool to find it out but it would not help us no more. it has a miss fire code… read more