Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

The oil maintenance light comes on when I turn the car on. I

The oil maintenance light comes...
The oil maintenance light comes on when I turn the car on. I manually
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: push a button and it makes it go away. It comes on again when I turn the car on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5S
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I took it to a mechanic today because the check engine light came on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: and they put a Mass Airflow Sensor in it and they also changed the oil. I brought it home and the check engine light came back on and I took it back. They messed with it a while but the shop was ready to close. They said it was probably an electrical problem and to bring it back tomorrow. They shut the light off for the check engine and I drove it home and so far it has not come back on. I went to Auto Zone and they said that usually you have to run the car a while and it will reset. The
4/21/2017
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today to reset the oil maintenance light do this:

• Turn ignition switch to ON position but do not start the engine
  • There are 2 square buttons on the dash, push the left one (ENTER button) until the “Setting” mode is displayed
  • Enter the Setting mode by pressing the right one (NEXT button)
  • Highlight the Maintenance option and select it by push the ENTER button
  • Select the desired field Engine Oil – Oil Filter – Tire and press ENTER
  • Highlight the Reset option and then press ENTER
  • Finally select the mileage by pressing the NEXT button once and then press ENTER to reset
  • Let me know if that works.
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
It seems to have worked. Thank you.

That is very good news! Glad I was able to help you and thank you for the positive rating!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician