Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I would like to perform Coolant Bleeding Procedure on my

I would like to perform Coolant Bleeding Procedure on my 2003 Freelander v6. I can not find/identify the so-called "Cylinder Block Drain Plug".
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: I would like to perform Coolant Bleeding Procedure on my 2003 Freelander v6. I can not find/identify the so-called "Cylinder Block Drain Plug".
JA: Are you fixing your Freelander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to perform Coolant Bleeding Procedure on my 2003 Freelander v6. I can not find/identify the so-called "Cylinder Block Drain Plug". Can you help me find where this "drain plug" is located. It is somewhere on the engine block.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all. thank you. how much $$?

HI,

It is located by the front exhaust manifold on the block. The only bolt sticking out - believe it is 13mm

See attached photo and diagram

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, Sir.
The Photo will help me, I believe. I will check to find the Plug when I go home this evening.
The drawing is something I have from the Service Manual, but it was confusing me.Would you have a coolant replacement procedure? Including proper draining, flushing (say, with water or air) and coolant fill-up (includes the air bleeding).My car SN is SALNY12273A258316.Here is a piece of a Land Rover Maintenance Notice I found.http://www.myfreelander.co.uk/Cooling/Freelander-K-Series-Cooling-Problem.htmI am not sure if I have that "Inlet Manifold Bleed Valve" it talks about. I think I have a T-shape adapter and that a short hose from the T enters into the top of the Radiator.I thank you much again; You got my 5* already.

HI,

I think that is just for the UK version as I have not seen an inlet bleed valve.

There is a bleed valve on the heater core hose near the firewall in the engine compartment on the US version

I have attached the drain and refill procedure for you