Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I bought a used 2000 olds intrigue and having a problem with

Customer Question

hi i bought a used 2000 olds intrigue and having a problem with it. I replaced plugs and a crankshft postion sensor, and a fuel pimp. it had old gas in it so I dropped the tank and drained all that out too and put in new fuel filter. it smokes still and the engine shakes in drive. I don't know what else to check.
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: yes i have fuel in the fuel rail
JA: Are you fixing your Intrigue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 4 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 4 months ago.

ok

you may have left over bad fuel up at the fuel rail. it has to burn off until the new fuel gets there. also, the injectors may be the issue. if the bad fuel carboned up the injectors, the injectors may have to be replaced. adding fuel injector cleaner has no effect on this.

Roy