Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2012 Toyota Venza looks like there are drilled

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Toyota Venza looks like there are drilled holes that go through the carpet and floor board in the driver and passenger front seats near the doors. Do you know what these hole are for?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, we had heavy rains and snow melt and water and the carpets became wel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

I brought it to a Toyota Dealer. The dealer did not know what/why the holes are there They said it looked like someone drilled the holes from the inside out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

4/8/2017
Auto Mechanic: Trev, Technician replied 5 years ago
Trev
Trev, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** long have you owned the car? do you know the previous history of the car? how big are the holes?

Trev
Trev, Technician
I have owned the car since 6/2015. The car came from the Connecticut Shore. There are three pencil size holes on the driver side and two pencil size holes on the passenger side. Under the car you can see where the carpeting was drilled through the floor. On the passenger side the holes are next to the drain plug.
Auto Mechanic: Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr. replied 5 years ago
Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Phone call session started

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.