Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2010 Toyota Matrix. The CD-player refuses to accept…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Toyota Matrix. The CD-player refuses to accept a CD - it resists loading it, all while displaying "read error" on screen; however there is no CD in the player. It's been working fine up to now. How can I overcome this?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

300,000km. I have a code-reader.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to. Will pulling the fuse help? If so, where's the fuse?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- the cd most likely went bad

2- the code reader want be able to read the module in the carf unless it is a toyota scaner or equivalent

3- lets try this first and let me know

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

HI

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance

Please Read Below How Easy You Can get Back in Touch with Me For Any Follow Up Questions You May Have On This Issue

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am till Late Eastern Time Zone

Please Remember to Kindly Rate My Answer Using The Stars At Top of The Page

A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat