Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I had the check engine light come on. The code reader says

I had the check engine light come on. The code reader says it has a p0303. I was wanting to see if it is save enough to drive it over to the mechanic.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It blinked at first and now it just stays on.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2004 Hyundai accent
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to try to replace the spark plugs but I noticed the speedometer went out as well. I did not know own if they are tied together.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

The code is for a #3 cylinder misfire. You should be able to drive it without to much trouble, but realize it's going to be down a bit on power. This is 25% of the power so I wouldn't drive it to long thing way. More then likely it's going to need plugs and at least #3 ignition coil.

The speedo not working will be another separate issue. Since there isn't any code for the speed sensor, I suspect the issue is the instrument cluster itself.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the help!

You are very welcome!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, please remember to rate my answer using one of the star icons at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!