Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I have a transmission ligh in my car that says transmission

I have a transmission ligh in my car that says transmission fault. what does that mean? and is it drivable?
JA: Have you checked the transmission fluid?
Customer: I don't think my daughter has. She is with the car at the moment.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2014 Ford fiesta titanum
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not yet. The problem is that she is out of state and is wanting to come back home, but is uncertain if the car will make the trip. We live in Texas, and she is in Tennessee
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

the transmission message can be number of things, low fluid, quality of fluid ,fluid getting hot ,tcm module ,solenoids,valve body ?

been hooked up on a scanner and retrieve fault codes an check the fluid and fluid levels be firs thing needs done , but i understand she trying to make it home can you ask here ? how is the car running, can she still drive & shift ?

is the car temperature overheating ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She said she can still drive it, but never said it was overheating. She said she can only drive it up to 65 mph.

I would think she can drive as long as no overheating

how far she got to go

Chad

let her keep an eye at car temperature if it rise ,pull over and let it cool down ,if not she will be okay

Please Read Below How Easy You Can get Back in Touch with Me For Any Follow Up Questions You May Have On This Issue

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am till Late Eastern Time Zone

Please Remember to Kindly Rate My Answer Using The Stars At Top of The Page

A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I will get back to you if I need to.

sounds good

good luck with it ,hope she makes it home safe

Chad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi there again. My daughter said it's not over heating at all. I told her exactly what you said, and she is driving back home today.
She also said she is taking it in to a garage just to get it checked out before she heads home.

Awesome news :)

I m glad

You are very welcome :)

A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated

For My Time & Resources .

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Thank You For The Rating :)