Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Transmission quit pulling

Transmission quit pulling

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help.I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input to better help you. I read your notes and have a question before we start.When you mean the transmission don't pull do you mean it is slipping? the revs go up but car barley moves?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It starting slipping and I put a can of Lucas transboil in it after a while maybe 100 miles it starting loosing power and engine rpms went up but trans wouldn't pull after maybe 10 miles of doing this it quit pulling completely I had to have it towed. It has cot trans and 160000 miles on it

well IF IT SLIPPED TO THE POINT OF NOT MOVING AT ALL IT MAY BE POOCHED. there are a couple things you can do and or check before replacing if you wish

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok what do i need to check before I go get another transmission

ok [1] check the condition of the fluid, even though you may have recently replaced it it may tell you a story what's happening in side. I will give you a chart to compare it with and also smell it to see if it smells burnt. [2] You may try to do a transmission flush on it if the fluid seems ok ,(NOT BURNT) this will clean it completely out and free up any sticking valves. [3] do a line pressure test on it this will tell you if it is pumping proper pressures to operate all internal systems. If you need further help or advice just ask or please take the time to rate my service. Thank you for using Just Answer.