Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
The gauge that indicates whether my car is cold or hot the needle
Marc
Marc, fleet supervisor
when i drive my car the gauge that indicates whether my car is cold or hot the needle moves to hot fast.… read more
2002 Hyundai Elantra: running hot..needle..the gauge when I..freeway
cardoctor1989
cardoctor1989, Shop owner, all make and models r
My 2002 Hyundai Elantra GS is running hot. The needle is goes as high as 3/4 of the way up the gauge when I go on the freeway. I have checked and am not losing water. Plus, the fans are working. Any i… read more
Replaced fuel pump..fuel gauge reads..car wont start..needle
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
car turns over but wont start. replaced fuel pump. fuel gauge reads but when i turn it over it dives down below E. car wont start till the needle comes up. Optional Information: 1997 Hyundai accent… read more
h2..truck fuel gauge needle goes way past full and just stays
Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Expert on Just Answer
2005 h2 sut fuel gauge not reading when you start the truck fuel gauge needle goes way past full and just stays there… read more
Blows cold air..temp gauge reads hot radatior is cool to touch hoses
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
2002s type blows cold air in car and temp gauge reads hot radatior is cool to touch hoses hot to touch… read more
My car gauge goes from cool to hot, then back to cool..cap
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
My car gauge goes from cool to hot, then back to cool, over and over. I have replaced hoes, raditor, thermostat, cap. Please help. I have spent over 400.00 dollars, and still have the same problem. Op… read more
My car is running hot the tempertature gauge goes all the way..hood
al
al, auto-electric & repair owner
My car is running hot the tempertature gauge goes all the way to hot after driving and starts smoking under the hood… read more
Car starts..hood..the temp gauge goes to hot and the engine light goes
Kevin C.
Kevin C., CEO
ok the engine light is on that it goes off and than it goes back on. than the car begins to over heat and the car starts smoking , when i opened the hood the engine was making weird sounds , i don't k… read more
When my car is 1st driven in the morning or once i get off
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
when my car is 1st driven in the morning or once i get off work...the temp needle goes to hot for a while then eventually reverts back to normal and will not over heat again … read more
25 minutes, my temp gauge is not reading hot but my fans
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
my engine has been off for 25 minutes, my temp gauge is not reading hot but my fans are still running.… read more
2002 MItsubishi: hot blows cold air then temp gauge goes..blow hot air
Ron, Automotive Tech
2002 MItsubishi Eclipes temp gauge goes hot blows cold air then temp gauge goes normal and blow hot air. Just started this morning… read more
When water is low but not empty in the plastic coolant box,
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
When water is low but not empty in the plastic coolant box, the ending runs hot to the touch but the temp gauge reads only slightly above 210. In Florida. 95 outside. New water pump and flushed radiat… read more
tempature..needle in gauge goes back down instead of staying..heated
Mike S.
Mike S., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
HiCustomerHAS ONE MORE QUESTION. Why doesnt tempature gauge stay up where it belongs. The needle in gauge goes back down instead of staying up when car is fully heated.… read more
2002 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER WATER BOILS BACK IN RESOVOIR BUT
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, auto mechanic
2002 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER WATER BOILS BACK IN RESOVOIR BUT TEMPERATURE GAUGE DOES NOT SHOW HOT 4.2 ENGINE HAVE CHANGED RADIATOR AND THERMOSTAT AND WATER PUMP … read more
I have a 2002 cadillac deville and my temperature gauge goes
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
I have a 2002 cadillac deville and my temperature gauge goes up and down and sometimes it gets real hot and the coolant goes out the overflow,engine has good power and its not smoking or nothing and m… read more
2005 mitsubishi: gauge goes..heat gets warm..spyder..cylinder
Dan, Automotive Technician
What do you think is wrong when my heat goes cold and my temperature gauge goes to mid range of almost hot then the heat gets warm again and the temperature gauge returns back to the normal mid range … read more
Light comes..about 800n rpms but again the temp gauge..500 miles
JHoop
JHoop, Owner,Technician
My 2003 Discovery temp gauge when cold the red light comes on and then the needle quickly goes up and then down below cold blue. The car appears hot but not boiling alson the idle nis high then comes … read more
10 gauge reads hot car doesnt smell..Replaced radiator..radiator cap
NicksSticks
NicksSticks, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2003 s-10 gauge reads hot car doesnt smell hot or run bad, top and bottom hose both hot. Replaced radiator cap. No change. Afraid to drive. Whats going on?… read more