Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
My 92 rodeo starts up and runs fine for 5 to 15 miles or so
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, Master Automotive Mechanic
My 92 rodeo starts up and runs fine for 5 to 15 miles or so then dies just like I turned the key off and it will not start until it sits for an hour or so. … read more
2001 Rodeo: drove..I have working brake lights, headlights..horn
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I just had my drive shaft replaced and drove my 2001 Rodeo about 15 miles and an alarm went off (sounded like the key in ignition alarm), simultaneously my air conditioning/heating system shut off, my… read more
1988 Jeep Wrangler: will start fine but dies..it warms up..quits..sits
Randy
Randy, Associate Degree
My 1988 Jeep Wrangler will start fine but dies after it warms up. It just quits like the key was turned off. After it sits for 20 - 40 min it will start up again. I've replaced plugs, plus wires, dist… read more
jeep cherokee laredo: will run about 15 miles and come to a stop turn
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
jeep cherokee laredo will run about 15 miles and come to a stop turn off key and it will start and run 1 mile maby 5 but will do again… read more
My car dies as soon as I turn on my heater or defroster. If
Ron, Automotive Tech
My car dies as soon as I turn on my heater or defroster. If I turn it off I can start it up and it runs just fine until I turn the heat on again then it dies as I am driving. Makes a big squealing noi… read more
94 deville: start fine..wont start..it acts like the batt is
RMillerPhD
RMillerPhD, V.P. of Academic Affairs
hello, I just picked up a 94 daville, my problem is, it will start fine but after driving it for 5 or so miles and shutting it off it wont start. It trys to start but it acts like the batt is almost d… read more
sebring: runs fine for about 5 minutes when it has set for an hour r
Doctor Tim
Doctor Tim, High School or GED
My 2.5 sebring cranks and runs fine for about 5 minutes when it has set for an hour r so. Then it just dies, like i turned it off.Then it will not crank untill it sets for 1 hour r more. Then it will … read more
2000 Isuzu Rodeo: the car is off, the steering wheel and wheels
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
Good evening, My key is stuck in the ignition of my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. I can start it and turn it off just fine and when the car is off, the steering wheel and wheels do not lock.… read more
92 mazda mpv 4cyl. I start it up, it runs fine. I turn it ...
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
92 mazda mpv 4cyl. I start it up, it runs fine. I turn it off after it has warmed up. Start it up again, and the check engine light comes on, and does not run properly, why?… read more
Starts fine and runs well for ~ 5-8 minutes, then just shuts
Matt, Engineer
starts fine and runs well for ~ 5-8 minutes, then just shuts off like either the fuel pump or ignition was turned off. What should I look at? … read more
1993 Buick LeSabre: runs fine..dies..5-15 minutes of just sitting
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
1993 Buick LeSabre runs fine but unexpectedly dies on the road. It has plenty of juice, but won't restart for 5-15 minutes of just sitting. Then it runs fine again. Any thoughts? Thanks, [email protected]… read more
Car died..It started right back up but it was like someone
Dr. Hamman
my car died while driving. It started right back up but it was like someone just turned everything off.… read more
My 92 rodeo starts and runs but whhen you shut it off ir
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
My 92 rodeo starts and runs but whhen you shut it off ir wont start with key until it cools unless you compression start it. And im getting a trouble code 12 … read more
92 trooper: start my..idles..same thing..about a 100 miles to a tank
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair, Mechanic
when I start my 92 trooper it idles up for like three min then it slowly dies down until it just dies. It will start right back up just to do the same thing again. It will idle once it is warm but lac… read more
Runs fine for a couple hours then dies like out of gas but
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
runs fine for a couple hours then dies like out of gas but has a full tank … read more
1990 Pontiac 6000: liter..Starts runs and idles fine..stall
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
1990 Pontiac 6000, 3.1 Liter EFI. Starts runs and idles fine and then will stall like you turned the key off.… read more
ml430: car runs fine..die ,then I turn key..start right
BOBBYSS
ml430 99 car runs fine then it will just die ,then I turn key off and then it will start right up also now a new problem when you crank it over and the turn the key back one notch it will still keep c… read more
Voyager: idling..someone turn the ignition key off..restarting..kick
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my 1993 plymouth voyager was idling fine when it just stopped running. It was like someone turn the ignition key off. I tried restarting, but it just won't kick over. I tried fuel into the intake with… read more