Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4: I left my dome light..battery died..charger
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
Thanks for your time, I left my dome light on overnight. (1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4) Obviously, my battery died as I got nothing when I tried to start it. At that point, I put the charger on and left it… read more
my car dies..dash board lights..20 mph and the engine light stays on
I. Silva
I. Silva, High School or GED
my car dies in the middle of the road when stopped and all the dash board lights on come after a minute or two it starts up and goes but no more than 20 mph and the engine light stays on.… read more
2003 alero: one day I was driving down the street and stopped..sitting
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
My 2003 alero just stopped working one day I was driving down the street and stopped at the light and it just died. It will not start well I was sitting in my car I turned the key to the start and the… read more
91 cadillac deville: my battery..charger..few minutes..battery dead
Mike, Owner
Replaced alternator on my 91 cadillac deville and it is not charging the battery,after charging my battery with a charger, I can start the car and it will run for a few minutes but it drains the batte… read more
While driving first the ABS light came on then the radio
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
While driving first the ABS light came on then the radio died and then a few minutes later all my gauges stopped reading and I lost all power to the engine. Turned the engine off on the side of the ro… read more
My 79 fiat and it just died at a stop light..guages..electrical..die
CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, auto mechanic
I was driving my 79 fiat and it just died at a stop light. Plenty of gas. Battery is only 8 months old, but my volt meter and fuel guages are not moving--infact, no electrical sending at all. Why woul… read more
VW Phaeton V8: my garage..charger..battery charged..minutes later
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, auto mechanic
Hi, I have a VW Phaeton V8 4.2 l. It was in my garage for 8 months with a permanent baterry charger on to keep the battery charged. When I try to start up the car say System Error, and when I cut the … read more
1990 toyota corolla: brake light..light came..had it towed home.
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
1990 toyota corolla battery light and brake light came on two weeks ago. the car then died while driving and was dead. had it towed home. after it sits it will start. once its turned off it wont start… read more
my 2005 Dodge Stratus died while driving. The check engine
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
my 2005 Dodge Stratus died while driving. The check engine light came on engine died and I was able to coast to a stop. It will not restart. What could be the problem> costs? $$$$$$… read more
My lights went dim as I was driving...battery died..jump and it stated
GENE
GENE, service manager/lead technician
My lights went dim as I was driving. The battery died. I got a jump and it stated but died shortly after I stated driving. Charging System right?! I'm thinking the alternator but could it be the volta… read more
My battery light is flickering off and on. My charger will
Martin Scheuer Jr.
Martin Scheuer Jr., Real Estate Agent
My battery light is flickering off and on. My charger will not charge my golf cart. I have isolated the batteries and found 1 battery was only reading 5.5 volts while the other 5 were reading 7.5 to 7… read more
My truck wouldnt start yesterday...lot of gas peddle pusing..It idled
Automotive MD
Automotive MD, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My truck wouldn't start yesterday. After leaving it on a crappy battery charger, I got it to start with a lot of gas peddle pusing. It idled too low and died. What's wrong?… read more
I think my battery died but then when i jump it it..couple minutes
robert standley
robert standley, gm master certifed technician
i think my battery died but then when i jump it it will run or a couple minutes and then it will all of a sudden stop. what do you think the problem is?… read more
1995 jetta: battery charger..I jump it after it charges..few minutes
marc C
marc C, Mechanic
I just got a 1995 jetta vr6. don't know much. Starts if I charge the battery with a battery charger or if I jump it after it charges for a few minutes… read more
My engine starts..about 1 or 2 seconds - dies..stay running
Billy
Billy, Bachelor's degree
My engine starts immediately but in about 1 or 2 seconds - dies! If I leave the key in the "on" position for 10 minutes, then it will stay running. I was told it is caused by the factory installed sec… read more
my car battery died today leaving the headlights on by accident.
Alex Armfield
Alex Armfield, Shop Foreman
my car battery died today leaving the headlights on by accident. I charged the battery and still couldn't get the car to start. Then went and replaced the battery entirely. Is there some sort of theft… read more
Stop light..my car just sputters and automatically dies out on me
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
whenever i come to stop light or sign my car just sputters and automatically dies out on me on occasion...not everytime… read more
my battery..stop light..my engine light came on one time..alternator
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
my battery light came on but the battery is new, then while driving slow or at a stop light the car engine will stop but everything in the car is still running. when i start the car back on the batter… read more