EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Navigation screen blank and cannot control radio.

navigation screen blank and cannot control radio.

Hi. Sometimes resetting the audio unit can fix electrical concerns with it. Have you tried disconnecting the battery cables for a few minutes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I have not tried that yet. I did remove the fuse and checked it but was ok.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The only thing that works is the pre set buttons will tune in to AM only. Volume works and on off switch works, nothing else. When it first went blank only FM worked but when I removed the fuse and reinstalled it only AM works.

It is not really uncommon for the audio units to need replacing. But a lot of times disonnecting the battery fixes problems like this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried disconnecting the battery and no help.

The one other thing is you can disonnect the battery cables and touch them together to drainnall the remaining voltage from the modules. If that doesnt help you can remove the audio unit and check the connections on the bacl. But it sounds like you may need a replacement audio unit.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried touching the cables together but no help. I did not want to hear that the unit needs to be replaced because the Car only has 65000 miles on it. The radio is 10 years old but not used much.

I understand. Sorry to be the bearer of the news. But the audio systems are not the strong point on the chryslers. We exchange them all the time at the dealer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for trying anyway.

You are welcome.