Thomas Ragusa
Thomas Ragusa,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Town n Country Jeep
97233154

2007 cad STS. Service airbag light comes on and off for over

Customer Question

2007 cad STS. Service airbag light comes on and off for over 1 year. Now on all the time. Thx
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cad dealer said didn't know what's wrong' just re-set the message. Over 1 yr ago.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Thomas Ragusa replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a certified automotive technician and would like to help you out today. The airbag system on all cars have codes, just like the check engine light does. Sometimes problems quickly come up but then disappear but the light remains on. The fact that the airbag light is on constant now is a good sign that the problem is constant too and the dealer will be able to access a code to point them in the right direction. Unfortunately without knowing the code associated with the airbag light I can not give an answer to you as to why the light is on. My professional advice would be make sure the light is on when you bring it to the dealer.