sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

None of my electrical stuff works properly and I'm wondering

None of my electrical stuff works properly and I'm wondering if it's a single source like the power module. Ac has been ghetto rigged because the compressor doesn't switch on and off like it should, so I have to do it manually with a toggle switch. Automatic door locks buzz, radio switches stations every second or two, windshield wiper water switch doesn't work and the taillight constantly has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The last few days my speedometer has also started acting up and stops working intermittently.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have several unrelated problems unless all of these things happen only at the exact same time, which I don't believe is the case. These systems are unrelated to each other, electrical testing will be required to determine the cause of each symptom.

What year and model is the vehicle?

Has anything been done to try to diagnose any of the problems?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a 2006 Kia Spectra. I read online to disconnect the battery to reset electrical stuff, which for some reason, has worked for the radio! Haven't driven it enough to know if the speedometer is still an issue. No one can seem to figure out the AC issue without taking me for every dime I've got.

What actual symptoms are there regarding the a/c?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It would freeze up because the compressor wouldn't cycle off so someone rigged up a toggle switch that I can flip on and off while I drive

If the evaporator is freezing up and the compressor does not turn off that indicates an issue with the evaporator temperature sensor.