Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an '04 landrover discovery II. A couple weeks ago my

Hey I have an '04 landrover discovery II. A couple weeks ago my front passenger door stopped unlocking (with key fob and central button) and to open I'd have to reach over from the driver's seat. I woke up and now all of my doors are locked and unable to be open from the inside.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: I switched the key battery recently and the key fob still locks the driver's door so I don't think that's an ossue
JA: Are you fixing your Discovery yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: From reading on forums they said to check the fuses and also try putting the key in and unlocking and holding the key in the unlock position for 3 seconds but that hasn't worked and all of my fuses were fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I am thinking that maybe when my passenger door lock motor died it put the disco into superlock mode. I'd like to know if maybe that sounds correct and how I could go about disengaging the superlock mode and opening the doors to replace the door motor/latch system.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Do you understand wire diagrams and volt meter usage?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Here is your wire diagram https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Discoverywire.pdf

Step one is to check all the fuses related shown at the top of page one.

Next we need to OHM test the YE/PK and PK/RD wires from the lock switch to make sure those wires ground when commanded.

If those are good then we need a scan tool to see if the BCM is getting a lock and unlock signal and sending it out.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No,I appreciate the help, but I havent been able to get out there to test my car yet due to the weather, sorry!

Thanks