Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Actually my question regaards the problex i explained and

the steps i took and...
actually my question regaards the problex i explained and the steps i took and then his ultimate diagnosis that was 2500 for a 2001 mazda miata with 8700 miles on it. can i email you the diagnostic and the repar billl for you ro look at to see if I got royally screwed? he said it was "bad gas"
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: i haven't noticed any furtther problems. i had just run rough before and my husband hooked it to the computer and it said spark plug 4 but even after replaced that then it would not turn over
JA: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: he just replast the 4 spark plug and the coil, then i had it towed to a shop and the said contaminated gas and the estimate was 2,500
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have the bill in with all the info and costs that i can email to him. THANK YOU!
1/5/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

you can send to me here

or email it to me at***@******.***

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is for chad farhart. i am reattaching the bill i sent you

hey how are yo

I m sorry but i remember you for few weeks ago & emailed me bill

I have emailed you back my response , check your email

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

i do not have your response in my email. please re-send.***@******.***
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin a different tech do you still need help

I cannot see the email earlier in your previous chat can you resend it to me at***@******.***

Ok ive read the bill and to be honest for the work that was carried out i think its a fair price for the fuel issue and the brake problem they have also rectified

Please rate my service and let me know if i can help in any way further at all

Kevin -
my question was about the diagnosos of the problem. if the diagnostic computer originally just said one spark plug was the problem, how did it become all spark plugs and contaminated fuel was the problem?

The code wouldnt have said anything about a spark plug it would have said a misfire was present on that cylinder .its not unusual for one cylinder to show up as a missfire first then the others show up on diagnosis.the fact you changed plug and it didnt work also rules this out .his diagnosis fits with your symptoms and the car now runs correctly

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic