Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Second opinion] 02 FORD TARUS. Replaced heating resistor

Customer Question

Second opinion] 02 FORD TARUS. Replaced heating resistor under dash because it was not heating. Then found that every time that I went to put it back in in would stop working as soon as I turned it up to put into slot.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: yes just filled it up and it worked for about 1 minute and stopped again.
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have replaced resistor, plug, and added coolent.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I am not sure what your calling the heating resistor?

Are you having problems with the blower motor working on all speeds?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it only works on high, the resistor I am talking about is the heating coil under the dash in the duct of the blower system.

That is the blower motor resistor. It controls the speed of the blower motor by providing resistance on the ground circuit. Since you replace the resistor and still got the same results. This means the climate control or wiring is at fault. Do you have auto or manual climate control assuming you can or plan to diagnose this?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris