Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The car has been fixed... I'm searching to learn why the

Customer Question

Hi ! The car has been fixed... I'm searching to learn why the warranty company wouldn't cover the repair ... Crankcase vacuum leak. The mechanic replaced the oil filter housing, housing tub.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 3,500 miles ago .. it is to be changed every 7,500 but I take it between 3 and 4 thousand
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2011, Volvo C70
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a regular mechanic who has already completed the job (today). The service at the dealer is quite awful. So much done wrong, incomplete, etc., too much to write here.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't say I NEED a mechanic... as I indicated, I was looking on-line for 'reasons' the warranty wouldn't cover the repair. Thank you for your time though!
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

How many miles are on your car?

DO you have a Volvo or aftermarket extended warranty?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi ! 138K miles and its an aftermarket extended warranty. Mind you, when I purchased the warranty I was told it covered EVERYTHING bumper to bumper. That phrase was repeated and emphasized a few times. I have since spoken to them as a result of an emission issue and learned "we never tell a customer that". I'm pursuing my options as I understand the calls are recorded and I am able to have it 'pulled'. In respect to the repair done today, it strikes me that their refusal is an error. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be a covered repair. The mechanic said they're falling back on the word 'leak' in crank case vacuum leak.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't need it repaired anymore. I think I am wasting your time. Thank you.

So you do not want me to answer your question?

Do you still not want help in return for the fee you paid?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wasn't the fee only charged IF you helped? You didn't help. No offense. The car is fixed. I was curious to know what it was about the part that would make it a warranty exclusion.

You paid a deposit already. I have not been paid because I have not posted an answer you can rate. You said you no longer need help so I never posted an answer. I assumed you would close your account but did not. Would you like me to help?

As with most aftermarket warranties. They find anyway not to pay for repairs and have all kinds of exclusions in the small print.