FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

03 hummer heated seats, whats that got to do with it, h2,

Customer Question

03 hummer heated seats
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: whats that got to do with it
JA: What is the model of your '03 Hummer?
Customer: h2
JA: Are you fixing your H2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: seat warmer not working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what fuses or relays
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if all of the other seat functions work? Is it just the driver seat heater or the passenger seat also?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its the driver and passenger the light blinks for a second then nothing .......the back seats the light comes on but they dont warm up .........back to the front the light will stsy on if im constantly moving the seat around but as soon as i stop it goes off
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.I would start by checking the wiring under the seats. You need to make sure that there are no broken or pinched wires and make sure that there are good ground wire connections. If the wiring is fine then the issue is in the seat control module. These fail all of the time and cause this to occur.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ya looked at all the wiring yesterday and it all looks fine can this module be reset or i need a new one and where is it located
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

The module is located under the driver seat and would need to be replaced and programmed to the vehicle. Before anything else I would check and if necessary replace the SEAT circuit breaker in the fuse box under the dash.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do u know the location of that breaker under the dash and could that breaker bre no good i should have stated that when i turn on any of the switches i cah hear thee relay under the seats clicking on im guessing
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

The breaker is in the fuse/relay box under the driver side of the dash.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i will check that and get back to u but if that breaker is bad would i still here the relays clicking
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Yes, you would still hear them as that is a control circuit and not the power supply that the breaker is on.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok should i replace that breaker???? when i pulled it out i had no power seats at all and when i put it back in the seats moved again or are there separate circuits inside the breaker that can go bad
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

If that is occurring then the breaker should be fine. Try switching that breaker with the LT DOOR breaker in the left dash fuse box and see if anything changes. If not then the module is bad.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have to try tomorrow dark now what time can i get ahold of u tomorrow
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good. Just come back to this post and we can continue from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can the module be reprogrammed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I usually start by trying to reprogram it and if that does not take care of it I replace it and program it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its going into shop tomorrow do u know the cost to reprogram the old one or program a new one estimate or time involved
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Programming is usually about $150. If it needs the module expect about $400-500.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok just got back from shop it says driver seat cushon heater is open and back rest is 21.8 ohm resistance should be 5 or under if driver seat doesnt work no seat will???
if true how can i override the driver seat to at least make others workno parts available
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have asked this a few times now my bottom seat heater is bas ....how do i override it so the other seats worrk ...the part is no longer available
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for not getting back with you sooner. I have been away from my computer. There is no way to bypass this and make only come of them work. You would need to repair it. The module will keep it shut down if part of it is not working.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I run a jumper wire over to the passenger seat and disconnect the wires to the passenger side switch or will a Yukon or Denali pad work in it
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

If you jumper wire it you run the risk of a short and it overheating. The seats are different so you would be best to find a used seat.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the seats are different but the heat pads have to be the same or where can I get oem from
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Yes, the heating pads are similar and will work. Some dealers can get these parts still, but many will not.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
which pad should I look for the Yukon or what
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Denali or Escalade.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK will respond back tomorrow
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good. Have a good night.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
more ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
went to junk yard and got a few heaters out of different truck blazer,tohoe,ect is there a way i can test them before tring to put them in
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello i cant ask any more ? on this
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
SERVICE HERE IS SHIT
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry. I did not receive your other responses. Did you still need help with this?