Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

Fuel pump went out on my 2001 discovery 2. I put a new fuel

Customer Question

Fuel pump went out on my 2001 discovery 2. I put a new fuel in and it started right up, I drove it maybe 10 miles at the most and it died while I was driving and couldn't get it to start. Towed it home found that one of the hose to the fuel pump cane off. I put it back on and the vehicle still won't start.
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I bought a new one and put it in.
JA: Are you fixing your Discovery yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I replaced the fuel pump, so far checked all the fuses and don't know what else to try since it started right up when I first put the new fuel pump in.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- check fuel pump relay labeled R1 in the diagram i sent you ,

2- check fuse labeled F10 a 30 AMP FUSE that is for fuel pump

2- on the fuel pump connector with a test light do you have 12 volt with switch on ,the first few secs .the fuel pump should run for few secs to prime fuel rail when you turn switch from off to on ,does it can you hear it .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

FUSE & FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATION

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hey How are you ,just checking on you & see if you need additional help on it

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat