Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

On a 2001 sport trac my overdrive light started flashing by

Customer Question

on a 2001 sport trac my overdrive light started flashing by itself
JA: Does the light flash or stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: it flashes you can turn everything off and restart after approx 2 min it starts flashing again no trouble code
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a shop took trans out checked it replaced relays and interior parts still does same thing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

The overdrive light flashes when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is causing the light to flash the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and retrieve the fault code and or codes. If you can get the code and post back with them we can work from there to determine what is causing this.