Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

A Meinke over two ALLLLL day visits 'attempted' to repair my

Customer Question

A Meinke over two ALLLLL day visits 'attempted' to repair my 1999 Buick LeSabre by, first installing (1) Mass Air Flow Sensor $294, (1) Oxygen Sensor $148 and on the second ALLLLL day visit installed (1) Idle Air Control Motor $100. The car is still stalling when leaving from a hot parked position!! Unfortunately when I returned exasperated they "banned " me from returning. My question is when faced with going to another Meinke (it's still under the 90 day warranty) OR going to another repair entity for a diagnosis, is it reasonable to assume that IF the car runs well when in drive that the all the installed parts are 'functional'? Essentially all the repairs involved simply installing EXPENSIVE new parts. I dread paying for another computer diagnosis because I'll be forced to deal with the original Meinke which mistreated me. Maybe I should go to a dealer but with an old car I'll be at their mercy. OH BOY....
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: I see your point but over four all day waits wouldn't the techs have checked especially the second time? They also did a 'Hard Start Diagnostic' $80. Damm isn't this is the answer to your question and so obvious when the car went in the second time?
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. But a week after the second Meinke repair I went to another place that installed a 'MAP'? SENSOR $115 Which seemed to have fixed it - BUT NO, a few days later it was dysfunctional, like before. He's a very trustworthy mech but doesn't have any diagnostic equipment. He wants to hire a mobile diagnostic company that he swears by but will cost $150. Another Meinke wants $99. Which one will conclusively identify what's WRONG is the dilemma!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I but myself in a bind by getting banned by the original Meinke because if the computer diagnostic says any of the parts are 'bad' obviously I'll have to go back, which the replacement Meinke implied (Corporate Meinke conflict resolution SOP)
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

sorry about the issue you are having

I think what happened here is a misdiagnosis off the problem .

when you took to mineke did they give you a print out of the fault codes found then ?

and do you have an advance or auto zone where you at? they do a computer scan for free and give a print out of them.

can you do that and get them back here to me and i can tell you to the best of my ability what is the problem with it before you go back to anybody.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat