Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Hold on, I feel giving you my credit card info is not a good

Customer Question
hold on JA: What is the...
hold on
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I feel giving you my credit card info is not a good idea what security do I et your will know anything about it
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes answer the question
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no connect me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
10/21/2016
Auto Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Do you have a question about the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is the third time I'm typing this. I have a 2005 kia sedona. it started with a check engine light the code reader said i needed a crankshaft position sensor which I replaced. the the code for the camshft sensor lit up again I replaced. Then the 02 sensor again replaced. Then multiple misfire codes replaced 3 injectors and plug wires. then the camshft code came on. While trying to fix this I removed the battery for recharging when I replaced the battery the code for misfire appear P0300, P0304, P0305

So sorry for the inconvenience. It seems that there could be a bad ground in the powertrain circuits. They did have a bulletin on that.

"Upon encountering powertrain DTC's, check that the powertrain main ground is good before attempting any repairs.

When diagnosing any "P" or "C" Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in which normal diagnostic steps do not quickly reveal the problem, check that the powertrain assembly is properly grounded to the body/chassis/battery."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had also come to the conclusion that it was a short. The powertrain main ground is located where? I have found several grounds and assume there is more.

You can't check them by looking at them though.

Powertrain assemblies have at least one ground to body/chassis/battery and in some cases more.

Be aware that a quick voltage drop check between the powertrain and body/chassis/battery while at engine idle or in the shop under low load conditions may not reveal this concern. Powertrain ground requirements increase linearly (and substantially) with higher RPM/load conditions. It may be necessary to drive the vehicle under similar RPM/load conditions as when the code set while taking voltage drop recordings with a "min/max" capable digital volt meter.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see you use a ruse yo get me to use the phone. Why can't you just answer the questions. Now I also know that the grounds need to be tested. You mentioned the main power train ground, I asked where it was located. If I get you to answer that question it will be the first new information you have contributed to the enterprise, of which i am paying.

That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David. Instead of throwing parts at your vehicle hoping sometihng will fix it. you need to start checking wiring conditions, ground conditons, voltage outputs. voltage inputs.

just because a code comes up doesnt mean its the component.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You

youre welcome. if you need me to let you know what you're supposed to be reading or when youre supposed to be reading sometihng on the meter or power or ground questions, im here for you.

just remember without me physically being there i may not be able to give you 100% of the answers, i.e. gorund locations etc.... but i can lead you in the right direction

do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think not Thanks
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician