Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Pete, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
96 Pontiac Bonneville SE: the hood release lever..car doesnt
Online Wrench
Online Wrench, Associate Degree
I have a 96 Pontiac Bonneville SE the hood release lever inside the car doesn't work, but it is not broken. It just doesn't pop the hood. What can I do to get the hood open? I have had people hit the … read more
Hello. I have a Saab 900 s. I need to open the hood.
Elated Technician
Elated Technician, Service Technician
Hello. I have a Saab 900 s. I need to open the hood. However, the lever that I need to pull inside the car to release the hood seems to be broken. I looked and did not find a wire hanging down. The ca… read more
My hood does not release when I pull the under dash lever
Alex
Alex, Automotive Technician
My hood does not release when I pull the under dash lever. How can I get the hood to release?… read more
car, if the hood release cable on the inside of the car is broken
Car Dude
Car Dude, Associate Degree
How can I release the hood from the outside of the car, if the hood release cable on the inside of the car is broken ?… read more
Saturn: The lever inside the car will not pop the hood..pulls
lexpert
lexpert, Technician
I have a saturn and I am not able to pop the hood to my car. The lever inside the car will not pop the hood. It just pulls all the way through and does not pop it so that i can put my hand under it to… read more
When I pull the inside hood release it does not unlatch..hood open
Jerry, Master Mechanic
When I pull the inside hood release it does not unlatch enough to release the hood. How can I get the hood open ?… read more
porsche carrera: hood release cable will not work..pushing.....any
Porsche Audi tech
Porsche Audi tech, Porsche Audi Shop Foreman
The hood on my porsche carrera will not open. The hood release cable will not work..pushing down on the hood at the same time will not work...any suggestions?… read more
1996 oldsmobile cutlass supreme: a plastic lever inside the car..hood
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
I have a 1996 olsmobile cutlass supreme. There is a plastic lever inside the car that pops the hood so you can finish unlatching the hood and raise it. The plastic lever broke off and now I can't rais… read more
2007 Hyundai: The hood release latch inside the van
EMRSR
EMRSR, High School or GED
I have a 2007 Hyundai Entourage. The hood release latch inside the van will not release the hood. I think the cable may be broken. How do I open the hood?… read more
1994 cutlass ciera: latch inside the car will not release the hood.
AutoSavvy
AutoSavvy, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1994 cutlass cierra and the hood will not open. The latch inside the car will not release the hood. How can I open the hood?… read more
I have a 2013 Mini Couper S Countryman with 51k miles. the
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
Hello, I have a 2013 Mini Couper S Countryman with 51k miles. the car has the Yellow Traction Control Light, Yellow Brake Light, Turn Signals do not cancel out and wipers turn on after engine shutoff.… read more
The-inside-hood-release-lever-on-my-1998-BMW-540I-is-not-pro ...
Cliff Burton
Cliff Burton, Master Technician / Foreman
The-inside-hood-release-lever-on-my-1998-BMW-540I-is-not-properly-working-and-I-am-unable-to-get-the-front-hood-to-open.--There-appears-to-be-a-"lack-of-tension"-on-the-cable.--What-do-you-suggest-as-… read more
1995 Isuzu trooper: Hood release..release lever..need tightening
rashawn
rashawn, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Hood release does not work on 1995 Isuzu trooper. Cable appears intact and is moving the release lever ... just not enough. It seems to need tightening, but I don't see any way to adjust the tension. … read more
1991 Honda accord: washer fluid..inside-car..hood release is sloppy
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
1991 Honda accord. I opened hood to fill washer fluid. Now, hood will not close securely, and inside-car hood release is sloppy. Has a cable come disconnected that I can simply re-attach? Need answer … read more
2003 Santa Fe: hood release..The battery died and I need access
Ray, Diagnostic Technician
The inside hood release on my 2003 Santa Fe does not open the hood. Is there an alternative way to get it open? The battery died and I need access to replace it.… read more
Datsun: hood release cable inside the car broke..hood open..Jump Start
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
I have a partially restored Datsun 240Z. A few days ago the hood release cable inside the car broke. How do I get the hood open to Jump Start the car?… read more
95 Isuzu Trooper: hood release cable does not release the hood
Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, Diagnostic Technician
I have a '95 Isuzu Trooper. The hood release cable does not release the hood to the safety latch. The safety latch is not reached through the grill. How can I open the hood?… read more
I try to open it with the outside hood release, the hood does not open
William
William, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
the inside hood release does work however when i try to open it with the outside hood release, the hood does not open.… read more