Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
pickup: stoped..have changed the timing chain, coil, ignition moduel
FeedMySheep
FeedMySheep, FeedMySheep
i have a 85 chev.van. it stoped running on the enterstate when i was driving it.it has a 350motor.i have changed the timing chain, coil, ignition moduel, and pickup. all it does is spits out of the ca… read more
suzuki sidekick: timing chain..moter run good and i put new timing set
Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a1997 suzuki sidekick with a1.8 e ngine i have replaced the timing chain twice because it kept breaking my chain guide on top of my head how is my chain gettin slack in it and breaking it i tim… read more
had it serviced. Oil change, air filter and spark plugs.
Shawn
Shawn, Lead Diagnostics Tech
I have a 1999 smart car. I have just had it serviced. Oil change, air filter and spark plugs. It runs good, but it burns oil. There is no oil on the ground, just a lot of exhaust when running. What do… read more
Lumina: oil leak..The oil fill up the spark plug holes run..starter
Kevin
Kevin, ASE CERTIFIED MECHANIC
I have a 1993 Z34 lumina that has a bad oil leak. The oil fill up the spark plug holes run down on the starter. Could you help me out??? The motor is a v6 3.4… read more
I have a 1990 cad.deville.It run good but had a bad alternator.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 1990 cad.deville.It run good but had a bad alternator.I replaced the alternator and put in a new battery.After replacing the alternator.I started it up and it back fird.After it ran for a few… read more
bad knock and I changed the oil and put lucas oil stuff in to see
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
I have a bad knock and I changed the oil and put Lucas oil stuff in to see if it would make it quite. It has done nothing. What else could it be? Could it be the oil pump?… read more
1999 chrysler intrepid: a 2.7 v6 engine..timing chain..lifter
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a 1999 chrysler intrepit with a 2.7 v6 engine if the main tentioner for the timing chain was bad would that make a knocking noise an ticking sound.of a bad lifter. the car has 107000 k/m . i ha… read more
96 Isuzu pickup: the timing chain and I dont get any fire to the plugs
tripletauto
tripletauto, Shop Foreman
I have 96 Isuzu pickup Hombre,Ireplaced the timing chain and I dont get any fire to the plugs… read more
engine runs good at times and bad at times..truck wont start
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, LEAD AUTO TECH
engine runs good at times and bad at times about every three weeks truck wont start u have to pull the plugs out and clean them full of gas then it will staet why is that… read more
Changed oil..the idling really got rough and it..switches
Don
Don, fleet superintendent
recently, i changed oil, condenser,point but did not change the spurk plugs in my car...it run good for a few days, but after a few days when driving it, it somehow began to lose some power and the id… read more
2002 chevy: the motor went bad and was wondering if i..interchange
Dan, Auto Technician
yes i have a 2002 chevy duramax the motor went bad and was wondering if i could put a 2005 duramax motor in it. What will the interchange consist of and will it work thanks. shad… read more
Hyundai: i had a timing belt changed..oil light..light come
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
i had a timing belt changed on a hyundai can this make my oil light come on at times or is this another problem… read more
electric fuel pump..tank could removing the pump..new fuel
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
I have a electric fuel pump that had one hour of run time on it after that the vehicle was put in storage. I went to start it and nothing one thing i didnt do was put fresh fuel or stabilize in the ta… read more
Pontiac sunfire: timing chain..the head gasket..leaks..converter
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
i bought a 00 pontiac sunfire and it was leaking water into the oil and running barely, i changed the timing chain tentioner as it was eaten away set the timing and didnt change the chain, i also had … read more
I have a lincon navigator 2006 i have had the timing chain
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
i have a lincon navigator 2006 i have had the timing chain replaced along with oil pump spark plugs coils now the car has low oil pressure and is stalling coils 1 and 6 error the tech said there was a… read more
85 buick regal: a new timing chain & carburator..engine idles..dies
Jerry, Master Mechanic
i have an 85 buick regal,231eng. i had a new timing chain & carburator put in it the engine idles good but it dies out when put into gear. what could be the problem?… read more
Van..oil change..it had a slight head gasket leak..oil filter
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
Have a 2001 van that had a oil change 2 months ago. At the time of the oil change the mechanic stated that it had a slight head gasket leak. Now my employee had the engine lock up and all the oil ran … read more
1990 mazda miata: put timing belt..runs good..timing marks..rotated
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
put timing belt in 1990 mazda miata car has littile power. but runs good could timing be off.all timing marks line up after motor was rotated… read more