Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

I have a 2010 gmc terrain. The windshield wipera are not

Customer Question

I have a 2010 gmc terrain. The windshield wipera are not working. I have tightened the bolts and the wipers still are not working. When i opened the hood and looked at the wiper motor it is making sounds and turning but the bar connecting the right and left is not moving. I believe that it may be the bushings
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: When i t
JA: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When i turn the motor on it turns but the bar connecting the right and left isnt moving Yes i am
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if i just need to rwplace the bushings.
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. On the back of the wiper motor is a connection. This connection involves a bushing. This bushing fits into the end of the wiper linkage (sometimes call the 'wiper transmission'). Some of the bushings can be replaced, some cannot, it depends on the configuration you have. If you can move the wipers back and forth across the windshield, by hand/manually (wiper motor off), the wiper linkage has become detached from where it attaches to the wiper motor connection point.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.