Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara it has the 2.7 and the standard

Customer Question
transmission. It has an issue...
2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara it has the 2.7 and the standard transmission. It has an issue with not staying in 1st gear. It is the subject of this a tsb concering the low gear shift inverse lever tsb# ***** I am want to know what this actually covers and how labor intensive it is. I can get a transmission for $300 but not sure if this part is in the tranny or it is talking about the shifter itself
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
9/8/2016
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The TSB your referring to calls for replacing the low gear shift inverse lever which requires removing the transmission and a tear down (parts inside ) and the labor calls for 4.6 hours. Are you looking for the TSB and the steps to replace this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes because I am having difficulty finding it

See the service bulletin in the link below, its shows the location as well as the part number.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Trans%20service%20bulletin%20Sept%208.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Do you know af a source for that part

The part is a dealer only part.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Are there any left in the United States

I can not tell you that. Your going to need to contact the dealer and they can run it on there computer system and tell you either way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Hey can you resend that info. My phone died and I lost my screenshot and can't access the dropbox info

See it below, be sure to download and print it as the link expires over time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Transmission%20TSB%20Sept%2018.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician