How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mike switzer Your Own Question
mike switzer
mike switzer,
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 710
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
Type Your Car Question Here...
mike switzer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been searching the web for hours. I have a 1995

Customer Question

I have been searching the web for hours.
I have a 1995 medium duty f-800 flat bed tow truck. 17 years towing and I have never seen this type of brake system before.
There is a yellow "air brake" knob in cab. But this is not an air brake truck. I have used hydro over air systems before. but never one like this.
There is a large hose that splits to each rear drum brake to a black canister directly attached to the rear backing plate, which controls a rod going into the drum. My question...
What is this system called? Or what is the name of this canister(I bought it as a back-up for my very small town, small company)? Or who should I call to work on this in Colorado?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.

were in colorado are you located?