John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

I'm getting a sel fleveling inactive message on my 2004

Customer Question

I'm getting a sel fleveling inactive message on my 2004 range rover hse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, would love to do it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My truck is at max high
Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is John.

This might be a tough one to fix since there are is so much that requires factory software to work on. However, there is one simple thing we can try. Sometimes the vent filter on the air suspension compressor gets clogged. If the system cannot vent out air the air springs will not lower. The compressor is located under the spare tire in the rear cargo area. Try locating the vent line at the compressor and cleaning out the filter. Beyond this, I believe all other testing will require a scanner with factory level software to determine the cause of the warning light and lead us in the direction of the fault.

Let me know what hoe this turns out.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Just following up to see what you found out. If you have found the information I have provided to be helpful, please provide a positive rating for my answer.

Thank you