Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I have a 2012 California I drove it this morning... Came

Customer Question

I have a 2012 California I drove it this morning... Came home fans went on and now the car is completely dead, seems the battery has been drained, what could be the problem?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

the fan relay is stuck on , have you tried starting it again and did the problem recur, does the vehicle sits for long time or it is daily driver ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is completely dead, the car does not get driven daily, maybe once a week, I have driven it yesterday and today. When I parked it in the garage the fans stayed on for about 2half hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe even longer.

you can really do much of testing on it, because anything you will touch , will cause a check engine light to come on , do use dealer for service or local shop.

at this time , i would want to charge the battery first & check for 14.7 volts at battery while running to see if charging system is working correctly then see if the fan stills runs after igntion off.

if the system sees low voltage, it will cause the fan to stay running .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanx, I will get the dealer out, to come and have a check.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

Thank You

Chad Farhat

hey how are you

did you get it fixed ?

Chad