Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications in Engine Repair, Manual Drivetrain and Axles, Suspension and Steering, and Heating and A/C.
49095596

How to reset the oil change indicator to my fiat Fremont

Customer Question

How to reset the oil change indicator to my fiat Fremont 2013 manual transmission 2ltr turbo diesel
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Please post a reply so that I know that you still need help and to get your question back on my "Waiting for Response" list. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi robert
Pls help me how to reset the oil change indicator of my fiat Fremont 2013 manual transmission 2ltrs turbo diesel
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Here is the procedure to reset the Maintenance Indicator:

Click to view

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert
Still not reseting my oil change indicator.
Actually ill try this procedure before im asking help in to your site. Pls there is other way to reset the oil change indicator
Thanks
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

That is the ONLY published procedure for resetting the oil change reminder. Keep in mind that you MUST do the procedure slowly and use about 7 to 8 seconds to slowly press the accelerator fully to the floor, then slowly let up fully 3 times. The key is to do the procedure slowly and use more than 5 seconds but less than 10 seconds to do the procedure. If you follow the procedure exactly it will reset...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert
Still not reseting the oil change indicator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi robert
Can i use obd scanner to reset the oil change indicator
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no. You could try it but I have yet to find a routine in the factory scanner that will reset the oil change indicator. The document I posted above is directly from factory service information. There is no other published procedure to reset the lamp. It should reset using this procedure exactly as documented. I don't know why you are having a hard time getting it to reset....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert
I went to fiat forum they follow the factory procedures they still not reseting the oil change indicator like me. Thanks for your help any way im going to the fiat dealer to find out why i cant reset the indicator
Thanks
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Cool, good luck getting it reset and if you find out anything new, let me know...

Thank you,

Robert