Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Won't turn over when we try and start it. new, 1995 suzuki

Customer Question
Won't turn over when we...
Won't turn over when we try and start it.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: new
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1995 suzuki sidekick
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new starter
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For days the new starter would not turn over. Thought I heard a buzz in the ignition switch. Just went to confirm that, turned the switch and it started. Does that mean the ignition switch is intermittent and needs to be changed or something else could be wrong?
7/17/2016
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

when you move the snifter does it have any effect on you trying to start ,try moving shifter while trying to start it .

we have 3 things .

1- ignition switch

2- neutral safety switch

3- clutch or trans rang switch depends if auto or manual .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1zd6nsfpvcycpj/File%20Jul%2017%2C%202%2004%2007%20PM.png?dl=0

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found out this morning clutch switch was bypassed by prior owner.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is a neutral safety switch for an automatic? We have a manual trans 4x4.

manual you will have a clutch switch like the one i sent you in diagram

there is also a shift switch in the circuit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My impression is that it's for an automatic since in the diagram it shows positions for P N D 2 1

there is 2 diagrams one is for manual and one is auto

it shows 2 ignition switches , depends what you have

please let me know if you need anything else on it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think that's it, Thanks for the help.

what is the low side reading when van is off & after 10 min of a/c been off also.?

50 on the low side is border line , the 175 high is okay as long as it does not pass that .?

if you low on Freon it will go up to 50 or the compressor is weak .

ideally want see 25 to 45 , but the hotter it is the higher the low will be , so does the pressure go down when you rev it up ?

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't have any questions on a van. Your response may have been meant for someone else.

disregard the last post about ac was not meant to you sorry

Please let me know if you need anything else on this issue

Hope I was Helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue even after you rate me

Chad Farhat

i click on the mouse to quick , was still on your post i m sorry

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat