Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Masserati QP found battery dead this morning charged battery

Customer Question

masserati QP found battery dead this morning charged battery and started, now the electric door handles and trunk lid opener will no work?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases when a battery charger is connected this can short out fuses with a voltage surge or spike.If you have not checked all fuses to see if one or more are blown this needs done to see if any need replaced.If these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2012 Maserati Quatraporte, okay I did check fuses but will double check again and let you know.
thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fuses are good?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately from here you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in all computers.This needs done with a scan tool or computer that can plug into your model and communicate with all computers to read the codes from all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I suspect you may have low voltage codes set and even now that it is repaired the codes may need cleared out to allow components to operate properly again.I have seen this before.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete