Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

When i started the car this morning i saw the hazard sign…

Customer Question
Hi when i started...

Hi when i started the car this morning i saw the hazard sign then check service stability control off

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes the headlights came on also the car started findso i guess the battery is fully functional

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Suzuki Xl7,2008 also the ABS light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Suzuki?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing,I don't know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

It's just sayingservice stability ctrl and check tire pressure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
7/4/2016
Auto Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** am an ASE master tech.

When those lights come on the dash, it means that there are codes stored for those systems. You will need a shop to scan for codes, that is the first step at diagnosing your problem. You could also have separate issues, with the tire pressure light and the abs light. Either way you will need codes to correctly diagnose.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

I do not understand your answer,what does servicecontrol ctrl means and service traction control means please

It means you have a problem in the traction control system, the only way to know exactly what is causing the problem is to take it to a shop so it can be scanned with the scan tool.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please rate the answer, it would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan