Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2010 crown Victoria inceptor and just had the oil

Customer Question
changed and was told that...
I have a 2010 crown Victoria inceptor and just had the oil changed and was told that the oil plug is in jeopardy of failing because of a weld that is near plug is giving out. Was told that the oil pan would have to be replaced.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
6/10/2016
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you this evening

yes you definitely need to get that replaced , I have include for you the parts and labor for this job with the procedure of R&R oil pan & some diagrams .

you lose the oil pan ,you going to lose all the oil in the engine and you will end up needing to replace it or rebuild which is much more expensive then the oil pan job

Parts : oil pan gasket $100

Labor : 6.6 hr

Vehicle » Oil Pan » Parts and Labor

Advanced

2010 Ford Crown Victoria V8-4.6L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Oil Pan

31 - Oil Pan

3W7Z6675BC$106.83

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Without CNG

B3.24.6

Replace With CNG

B4.76.6

Vehicle » Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Engine » Engine Lubrication » Oil Pan » Service and Repair » Removal and Replacement » Oil Pan

Advanced

2010 Ford Crown Victoria V8-4.6L

Save Article

Oil Pan

Zoom and Print Options

Removal

1. WARNING: Before servicing a vehicle equipped with a fire suppression system, depower the system by following the procedure in Vehicle Jacking and Lifting. Failure to follow the instructions may result in serious personal injury.

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Vehicle Jacking and Lifting.

2. Remove the front crossmember.

3. Remove the bolt and the nut. Position the transmission cooler tubes aside.

Zoom and Print Options

4. Drain the engine oil.
- Install the drain plug when finished.

- Tighten to 23 Nm (17 lb-ft).

5. Detach the 2 pin-type wire harness retainers.

6. Remove the oil pan bolts in the sequence shown.

Zoom and Print Options

7. Remove the oil pan and the gasket.

Installation

1. NOTICE: Do not use metal scrapers, wire brushes, power abrasive discs or other abrasive means to clean the gasket mating surfaces. These tools cause scratches and gouges, which make leak paths. Use a plastic scraping tool to remove all traces of old sealant.

Clean and inspect the mating surfaces.

2. NOTICE: If not secured within 4 minutes, the sealant must be removed and the sealing area cleaned. To clean the sealing area, use silicone gasket remover and metal surface prep. Follow the directions on the packaging. Failure to follow this procedure can cause future oil leakage.

Apply silicone gasket and sealant at the rear seal retainer-to-cylinder block sealing surface.

Zoom and Print Options

3. NOTICE: If not secured within 4 minutes, the sealant must be removed and the sealing area cleaned. To clean the sealing area, use silicone gasket remover and metal surface prep. Follow the directions on the packaging. Failure to follow this procedure can cause future oil leakage.

Apply silicone gasket and sealant at the engine front cover-to-cylinder block mating surface.

Zoom and Print Options

4. Position the oil pan gasket and the oil pan.

5. Tighten the bolts in 2 stages, in the sequence shown.
- Stage 1: Tighten to 20 Nm (177 lb-in).

- Stage 2: Rotate an additional 60 degrees.

Zoom and Print Options

6. Attach the 2 pin-type wire harness retainers.

7. Position the transmission cooler tubes and install the bolt and the nut.

1. Tighten the bolt to 15 Nm (133 lb-in).

2. Tighten the nut to 9 Nm (80 lb-in).

8. Install the front crossmember.

9. Fill the engine with clean engine oil.

10. Start the engine and check for leaks.

11. WARNING: If the vehicle is equipped with a fire suppression system, repower the system. For important safety warnings and procedures, refer to Vehicle Jacking and Lifting. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious personal injury.

If equipped with a fire suppression system, repower the system.

Hope I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else.

A Positive rating is Much AAppreciated

This Post Will Stay Open Even after You Rate Me For You To Come Back And Ask Me Anything Follow Up Questions You May have OnThis Issue.

If you like my assistance in the future , just Start Your Questions with ( FORCustomerONLY )

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer )

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat