FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have 2003 h2 my speedometer 't work gauges sometimes door

Customer Question

I have 2003 h2 my speedometer don't work gauges sometimes door locks lock and unlock by themselves battery goes dead overnight must have short or what
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. The most common cause of this is the ignition switch. It is a common failure on this vehicle and will cause this. It can be caused also by a number of different shorts, but this is the most common. If you need more help please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already replaced it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find short
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

If none of the fuses are blowing then it will be hard to find the issue. If the vehicle is stock then the two most common shorts is the wiring that goes around the parking brake assembly. Check that for any issues. If that is fine then the most common other cause is the battery cables. They have a tendency to have bad connections either at the block or frame or at the positive cable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I fix instrument panel gauges sometimes the will come on when I hit a bump
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Typically on this vehicle if it is the gauges it is because of one of these shorted areas that I spoke about. It is not in the gauge cluster itself. If it was the cluster it would simply fail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get back with you lllkater
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find and we can continue if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Have a great rest of your night.