K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a pergeot 107 the coolant light has come on. I am out

Customer Question

Hi i have a pergeot 107 the coolant light has come on. I am out with it can i just add water to get the car back home. Thanks
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: Local driving, however i am staying at a friends in spain the weather is hot, it is evening now
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Just to get back to my friends house tonight, then i will take it to a garage tomorrow
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: Now No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. Continue >>
Category: Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if it is a short trip at lower speeds you should be fine to add water and make it back. Keep an eye on the temperature gauge or coolant level light while driving.