Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

2000 vectra v6 x25xe..thermostate removal..its a two piece

Customer Question

2000 vectra v6 x25xe..thermostate removal..its a two piece housing and extension pipe.how do i seperate to remove
?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the thermostat is built into the extension pipe and is sold with it?

so you replace the whole assembly

if you mean the pipe that plugs into the thermostat housing then its on a o-ring seal and should pull out with a twist and a wriggle

see the attached image

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks ..most helpful
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

glad to help

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

If you don't rate then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.