Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

When the car is cool I turn on the AC switch any AC will work

Customer Question
when it sits outside and...
When the car is cool I turn on the AC switch any AC will work when it sits outside and gets hot without running and you started up the AC will that work
JA: 2004.
Customer: 2002
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: At 60° roughly I'm still waiting I can start the car and gets the AC will come on and work but if you let the car sit until say 90 to 100 degrees and start the car the AC will not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Is there any other way I'm a mechanic myself I just don't have schematics and things to my availability
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/18/2016
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the make, model, and engine?Auto or manual climate control?If you turn on the car and AC when its cool and the AC works, if the day heats up or the car heats up does the AC continue to work or does it shut off?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician