mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Ferrari 2004, 360 roadster: How can you charge a battery on

Customer Question

How can you charge a battery on a 2004 Ferrari 360 without removing the battery from the car
Category: Car
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.
can you access the battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With time and effort I can dissmantle the whole car. The battery is in front of the incline floorboard in a very tight space. You cannot charge the battery in place. The question is: can you charge the battery from another location? I/e Ivan pickup ground in the engine compartment, is there anywhere I can pick up the hot side (positive) at another location???
besides the alternator not that i am familiar with. i would recommend purchasing a battery tender they have leads that you can attach to the battery and run a connector to another location that is more convenient for when the time comes so you can charge the battery as needed. and the connector is reasonable small and concealable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: the battery terminals in the compartment has about 1/8th of an inch clearence from metal objects ant tucked into an enclosed area.
i understand and the terminal ends for connecting to the batter are extremely thin for this purpose. they are designed to utilize the original terminal mounting bolt out nut.